Harold J. Ambuehl Elementary
28001 San Juan Creek Rd
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Main Line. . . 949-661-0400
Fax. . . 949-488-3158
Call In Sick. . . 949-661-3412
YMCA. . . 949-493-5327
Please utilize the Call-In-Sick line to report your child's absence or to clear an absence.
The Ambuehl office is available to help you Monday - Friday
7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
7:45 - 2:05 (M, W, Th, F)
7:45 - 12:50 (T)
Mon., Wed., Thurs., Fri.:
Early Birds -- 7:45- 11:38
Late Owls -- 9:15 - 1:08
Early Birds -- 7:45 - 11:38
Late Owls -- 7:45 - 11:38
All CUSD campuses and will be closed for Spring Break, Monday, April 3 - Friday, April 7. Students return to school on Monday, April 10.
Students in grades 3 - 5 will be participating in the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) assessment program March 8 - 26. Your child's teacher will be sending home a specific testing calendar with and dates and times. Students are invited to practice test format questions at school, as well as at home. Please click here to access the practice test.
Ambuehl is currently accepting student registrations for all grade levels for the 2017/18 school year. Please note, children must be 5 years old by September 1, 2017 to attend Kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year. The School of Choice window opens February 1. Registration begins online at https://airregistration.capousd.org/AIR/. Once completed, print out the necessary documents and bring to Ambuehl to complete the process. The registration process begins at the child's home school.
Please note, you do not need to register current K-4 Ambuehl students for the next school year.
Please click here for additional information.
Please click here for the 2017-18 school year calendar.
Please check the Ambuehl PTA website for PTA events and information.
Ambuehl Elementary Upcoming events:
- Early dismissal. . . Tuesday, March 21 (modified dismissal)
- Open House. . . Thursday, March 23 (regular dismissal schedule)
- Hoos-Gow Day (wear western attire). . . Friday, March 24
- Swallow's Day Parade. . . Saturday, March 25/City of San Juan Capistrano
- Field Trip (Coon/DuCharme). . . Monday, March 27/RMV Land Conservancy
- Family Dinner Night. . . Wednesday, March 29/Selma's SJC
- Superbowl. . . Wednesday, March 29, 12:20 PM - 12:40 PM/field
- 4th Grade Music Concert (recorders). . . Thursday, March 30, 10:20 AM/MPR
- Spring Break. . . Monday, April 3 - Friday, April 7/students return Monday, April 1o
- Jamba Juice. . . Tuesday, April 11, 12:50 PM/front of school
- Yogurt Zone. . . Tuesday, March 18, 12:50 PM/front of school
- Walk Through Revolution (5th grade). . . Friday, April 21/MPR
- Chaddock. . . 8:00 AM - 10:45 AM
- Tatartian. . . 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Yogurt Zone. . . Tuesday, April 25, 12:50 PM/front of school
- Field Trip (5th Grade). . . Wednesday, April 26, 8:45 AM - 1;15 PM/Ocean Quest Newport Beach
- Field Trip (Stratford & Young). . . Friday, April 28, 9:45 AM - 1:15 PM/Green Acres
Drop off/pick up Reminders
Please enter the parking lot for drop-off/pick-up at the stop sign located at Cartagena.
After entering the parking lot, continue forward to drop-off/pick-up area.
Busses utilize the outside lane (closest to the curb), cars use the inside lane.
Pull forward as far as possible. The BLUE sign indicates the start of the drop off/pick up area.
Remind your children to have their backpacks and school materials ready to go before you enter the parking lot.
Do not leave your car unattended at the drop-off/pick-up zone.
Please do not drop off or pick up your children in the bus lane.
Exit the parking lot at Cartagena.
Model safe behavior and use the crosswalk on the street and in the parking lot.
Soaring Eagle Communications
CUSD schools are transitioning away from traditional listserv emails. We will be sending messages through School Messenger, and only those who
currently receive School Messenger messages ...more
Quote of the Week
"They said, ‘Be the person you needed as a kid’
this honestly changed me into who I am today.”
Student Fees & Donations
Please note that the Constitution of the State of California requires that we provide a public education to you free of charge. Your right to a free education is for all school and educational ...more